March 19, 2015

The Adventurer (S2, E15)

  Jim Harris stood behind the two men, and looked into the round pen. The young man riding the horse had exceptional balance as he stood on the running horse. Jim pushed back his hat and looked on with amazement. His faced must have shown the rider how much he was enjoying the rider's performance, for the rider smiled pleasantly back at Jim. When the rider smiled at Jim, the other two men turned around to see what he had smiled at.
  "Hello, mister, is there somethin' I can help ya with?" asked the fellow wearing a brown corduroy blazer.
  "I'm Jim Harris, Jody sent me to find a mister Arty Gordon."
  "Well, I'm Arty Gordon. What do you nee ta see me 'bout?" he looked at Jim with a pleasant grin spread across his face. Jim smiled back at him, "I didn't need Jody's last name after all..." he thought.
  "I'm a magician, and I need a job. Jody thought you could get me one." Jim said. "Course I can do anything else. Feed animals or work equipment." Jim said. He shifted his weight nervously.
  "Well, I'm sorry to say that at this point I've got way too many magicians on my hands. I could put you on as help though. If you'd like, you can go see Carter, he's the one in charge of that sorta stuff." Arty said. "You'll prob'ly find him by the animal pens."
  "Thank, you, sir!" said Jim emphatically as he shook Arty's hand. 
  Jim walked casually towards the sounds of animals. He looked at the white washed wooden pens. Jim stopped in front of the pen where a large orange tiger was sunning himself lazily in a pile of fresh straw. He put his hands on the poles of the fence and smiled down at the beautiful beast. Suddenly Jim heard someone shouting behind him.
  "LOOK OUT!" the voice cried.
  Jim turned around to see a blonde lion with a scruffy mane growling a few feet from where he was standing...
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment