January 16, 2015

The Adventurer (S1, E15)

   A frown curled over Captain Jim's face. "He gets a what...?" Jim's voice was colored with disgust. "What do ya mean by giving away shares of my treasure to stranger?"
  "I don't seem to be very good at making friends ." chuckled Artemus.
  "Ye'd better keep quiet, or ye'll find yerself walkin' the plank!" growled Captain Jim.
  "Now, now, you wouldn't have the map at all if it weren't for me." Artemus said. He slowly placed his hand into his pocket. "You can't afford to cut me out, my friend!"
  Laramie's eyes followed Artemus Gordon's hand. "That is where he put his pistol!"
  "I can afford ta do whatever I want ta do, an' nobody's gonna stop me!" Jim barked back at Artemus. "Now ye get yer scallywaggin' hide off me boat before I pin it ta the mast!"
  "I could resent that!" Artemus said darkly as his fingers clenched around the pistol in his pocket.
  "Resent whatever ye like, but git out 'o here." said Jim pointing towards the gangway. Then a look of surprise flashed across his face as Artemus Gordon shoved his pistol into Jim's middle.
  "I ain't leaving without my fair share of the treasure, an' don't make a scene or else!"
  "If I were you, Gordon, I wouldn't be so cocky!" came Laramie's voice from behind, "I've got a trusty steel that says Captain Jim ain't gonna get hurt." Laramie gave the Artemus a gentle nudge with his knife to indicate his intentions...to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment