February 5, 2015

The Adventurer (S1, E32)

 "No, we'll wait until morning." the tall man said. "By then Jim will have found all the treasure, and all we will have to do is take it from him."
  "Brilliant!" said the fellow beside him, "They do the work, and we get the pay!"

MEANWHILE

  Laramie handed Captain Jim the diamond, and Jim began to examine it closely under the light from a lantern. His eyes sparkled as bright as the diamond. He smiled and pulled the treasure map out of his pocket.
  "We're almost there, me boys." he said. The pirates spread out and began searching for landmarks indicated on the map. All night they searched for the treasure, and then just as the sun broke into the darkness, Captain Jim and his men happened upon an narrow cave.
  "This must be it!" Jim called to his men, so with lighted lanterns they entered with picks and shovels. In the dark, damp passages they came upon a large heavy wooden trunk.
  "Pry it open with a pick!" Jim ordered running his fingers over the rusty latch. "Well, shiver me timbers an' blow me down!" He exclaimed as the beautiful jewels were revealed.
  "Come, me boys, an' carry it out into the light!" So the excited bunch heaved out the heavy trunk, but when they reached to opening of the cave they suddenly dropped the crate and took a step back.
  "I think you have a present for me!" said the tall man in the blue coat.
  "An' who would you be my fine feathered friend?" Captain Jim asked, angry that his dreams of wealth and power were being delayed.
  "I am Alaf Quardata, and you are sailing in waters that I control!" the tall man replied. "And don't bother with drawing your sword, Jim Harris, for I have men surrounding this place, and if you so much as wiggle your pinky finger in a way they don't like, they'll kill you!"
  Jim slid his sword back into its sheath, "What are you goin' ta do with us?" he asked.
  "Well, I think I'll let you go, in thanks for finding my treasure."Alaf said in a condescending tone. "My men will escort you and your men back to your ship."
  "An' ya aren't gonna let us have any of the treasure, are you?" Jim asked.
  "Nope, not a farthing's worth!" Alaf answered waving his men in from their hiding places in the jungle foliage. Captain Jim and his men were astounded at the large number of men armed well with muskets and daggers.
  "Now, lay down your weapons, my men will bring them to you on your ship." Alaf continued. The men of the Lady Jane dropped their swords and filed into line to march back to their ship. Captain Jim turned back and looked at Alaf.
  "What are you gonna do with all the money you get from thet treasure?" Jim asked.
  Alaf threw back his head and laughed. "Well I think I'll do something truly good with it!" he said emphatically. "Perhaps I'll send my son to medical school in England!"

No comments:

Post a Comment