"Wouldn't look for them if I were you!" Said Anthony Shaw with a dark glint in his eye. "Hal doesn't like strangers prying into his business!"
"Well, I have to find his nephew, and soon!" Jim said
"Why is it important to you, mister?" Asked the man across the table. "Why do you need to find the boy so badly?"
Jim swallowed hard, he knew he could not reaveal to these men the true reason for needing to find the boy, Adam Sandler. He could not tell them that Adam Sandler was to inherit a large fortune and beautiful estate, for they might be keen on getting a little of the inheritance. What could he tell them? How could he avoid telling a lie and avoid revealing the inheritance at the same time?
"The boy's father has recently died," Jim said, "and his last request was that I find his son."
"I see, an honor debt to a dying man. Well, that's commendable, but I still don't think digging up Racab would be very pleasant!" Toni replied.
"Maybe not, but it's something I must do!" Jim emphasized.
"Well, if your determined to risk your neck, who am I to stop you? Here, this is the circus Hal works for, they're playing in Brownstown next week." Toni handed Jim a flyer for the 'Happy Days Circus Troup'.
"Thank you very mush, sir!"
"When you see Hal, tell him I sent you, you might have a better chance of making it that way!" Toni said, then smiled and laughed.
Jim left Anthony Shaw and his friends playing poker, but the sound of Toni's laugh echoed in his mind.
"What have I let myself in for?" Jim asked himself with a shudder.
To be continued...

No comments:
Post a Comment